Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My precious baby girl.....



After having 2 boys everyone said, "you have to keep trying until you get a girl." Sal and I had agreed that we would have 3 kids and it would be just fine if we had 3 boys. After all I am and have always been quite the tomboy. I am a huge sports fan and I would like nothing more than to spend every weekend from August to January watching football. Or better yet.... during March Madness... don't even think about calling! Every Thursday through Sunday is spent watching Cinderella teams knock off the Nationally ranked teams. I ALWAYS cheer for the underdogs because I was once that underdog and we nearly knocked off the #1 team - Marcos de Niza. Oh well that was over 15 years ago..... boy am I old!
Anyway, I honestly cannot imagine my life without my girly girl. She loves her baby dolls and must sleep with all 6 of them gently tucked into their OWN blankies. Olivia loves fingernail polish and makeup, taste testing everything made in the kitchen but most importantly she LOVES me. She is almost smothering at times with the hugs and the kisses. She is constantly saying "I love YOU Mom!" (Emphasis on the "you".) She wakes each morning and asks "What's for dinner?" At that point of my day I am not even sure what's for breakfast. I am sad every day when she says, "Mom, I am getting big." I realize the inevitable is happening. She is indeed getting big and there isn't a darn thing I can do about it EXCEPT soak up every minute with her. I am truly enjoying the journey of being a mother.

1 comment:

Shani said...

They grow up way too fast. I can't believe that Kenli is 15 months. It seems like just yesterday she was born. It's like that song, "Don't Blink" because if you do, you miss everything!