Monday, April 13, 2009

Nana's 83rd Birthday Party

A couple of weeks ago, we attended the funeral of Sal's step-nephew who died of Leukemia at the age of 7. The service was beautiful and uplifting, but my favorite part was reconnecting with Sal's family. It had been a couple of years since we had visited with Sal's Aunts and Uncles and it was wonderful to be with them again. They mentioned that Nana was having a birthday party a week later and we cleared our schedule so we could be there to celebrate.

It was Nana's 83rd birthday party. It was fun to see so many of Sal's Tia's and Tio's (Aunt's and Uncle's) and we had the BEST time. I always feel at home around Sal's family. I think I first met them when I was 14 or 15. That seems like FOREVER ago and believe me I feel ancient when I look at this picture of some of Sal's cousins. Josh was the ring bearer at our wedding and he was probably only 4 or 5 at the time. Now he is in college.... where does time go??
Here is a picture of us with Sal's Tio Rocky. His real name is Raul, but Sal has always called him Rocky. I never really knew where that name came from so I asked him. Raul said that he was a HUGE fan of the Rocky movies and so one day Sal started calling him Rocky and it stuck.
Christine took some great pictures of the kids......
Olivia with Sal's sister's 2 kids.... Alex and Andrew......
Olivia being shy.... We eventually had to bribe her with candy so Christine could get a decent picture of her.
I am so THANKFUL for Sal's family. They have loved me from the very beginning and I have always felt apart of the family. I can't wait for the next get together!! We LOVE you ALL!

No comments: