Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day DAD!


Every Veteran's Day I always think about you and wonder what you think about on Veteran's Day. I have been HONORED to edit your words about your time in Vietnam and the thoughts you have now looking back. You are my HERO and I hope you think of yourself as one! For the SACRIFICE, for the FAITH, for the COURAGE you had to heed a call to serve your country. For the years of enduring the reminders of a YEAR spent at war. For the person that you are today. Someone once told me that "we are who we are because of the things we have seen and the experiences we have had." I know this is true of my life. My greatest wish in life is to travel with you back to Vietnam so that we can have another experience to shape who we are. I LOVE you Dad and I hope you have a great Veteran's Day!

2 comments:

Heiner Happenings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heiner Happenings said...

Great post Alicia! I need to post something about your dad as well, on this day. You are lucky to call him dad...as you know!