Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hayden's Eagle Board of Review

Today had his Eagle Board of Review. I think I was more nervous than he was. He asked
Adam Layton to introduce him to the board and then Todd Pacheco an Matt Riffey sat on the board as well as a guy from the Council. I am not sure what his name was but he was a cute little old man. Adam was good enough to give Hayden some pointers like make sure your arm is in a square when you do the Scout Law and Oath or they will stop you and make you start over. Hayden sailed through the review and he is officially an Eagle Scout.
People are amazed at Hayden's motivation and I would like to say it is ALL the wonderful parenting I have done, but to be honest - it is all him. He set a goal to be done by his 13th birthday and he was. We had to play the waiting game for paperwork to be signed off but he did it. I am glad it is over, but I am SO PROUD of my Eagle Scout and the hard work and dedication he has shown. His Court of Honor is June 26th and it will be a great celebration!

1 comment:

Heather Evans said...

That cute little old msn is Charles Beals. He served for a while in the stake presidency with my dad. They have lived in queen creek as long as I can remember, he's a good man and I promise if I asked him hecwould remember Hayden.