Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tattling on Daddy.....

Today Olivia came upstairs and asked, "Mom, are you mad at Daddy?"

I was surprised at the question and replied, "No, why would I be mad at Daddy?"

She matter-of-factly said, "Because he spilled his Dr. Pepsi on the floor."

"Dr. Pepsi? On what floor Olivia?"

"On the carpet. Do you want me to show you mom?"

"Ok"

Olivia quickly grabbed my hand and we hurried down the stairs. She knew right where to go..... as we entered the den, she did one of those Vanna White poses with her hand and said, "SEE." Sal had indeed spilled Dr. Pepsi on the rug in the den.

When I met Sal in the hall he said, "It just exploded on me. How did you know?" I then explained to him that Olivia had told me about it.

We couldn't stop laughing, but now Sal knows I have a spies that SEE and TELL all!

Here is another story......

Last week Sal came home from work late and we had already finished dinner. I asked him if he wanted me to warm him some dinner. We had White Chicken Chili that night and I know it isn't his FAVORITE thing. He politely declined. Sal then offered to pick Hayden up from baseball practice. I was thrilled! I was quite surprised when they didn't walk in the door until 9:45 (practice was over at 9). I asked where they had been and Hayden said he had to run laps at practice. "Why?" I asked. He said, "I dunno we just did." "How many laps did you have to run?" "I can't remember" was Hayden's reply. I left it at that and asked once again if Sal wanted some dinner. Again the answer was no. So I washed my face and went to bed.

The next morning as I got in my car, what did I see?? A poorly hidden Burger King receipt.... time stamp 9:15pm from the night before. I quickly texted Sal that next time, he should find a better hiding spot for the receipt. He said Hayden asked to go there after practice and he practically threw a tantrum about it. I knew better but I went along with his story.

When Hayden got home from school I asked him about Burger King. He started laughing and confessed the ENTIRE story. How Dad had asked him if he wanted to go grab a burger and he said sure. Sal then proceeded to concoct a "story to tell Mom". It was pretty funny that night at dinner when I told Sal I knew the REAL story. We all laughed and Sal called Hayden Judas. Cole didn't know who that was so Sal started to tell Cole about Judas betraying Christ. Then Cole says to Hayden, "I can't tell what you are Hayden..... a Jew or a Chinese?" I have no idea where that came from but it was HILARIOUS!! I knew it was a story for the blog.

No comments: