Monday, February 2, 2009

A Super SuperBowl.....


Sal's dream come true..... a family picture where we are all dressed in Cardinal gear.....

For the past 10 years or so our family has gotten together to watch the SuperBowl and of course the commercials. This was the 4th time we have hosted the party at our house. This year the SuperBowl had all new meaning for us because the Cardinals were playing. It was fun to watch Sal be so excited about the game. He got a flag to fly outside and balloons to decorate the house. He paced the floor when he got frustrated and we all cheered and screamed when the Cardinals scored. Did I mention that I peed my pants? With 2 minutes left to go, the Cardinals were down and needed a touchdown. As Fitzgerald caught that pass, we were all jumping and screaming and I guess after having 3 kids, my bladder isn't what it used to be and seriously I peed.... not completely but my pants did get a bit wet. How embarrassing isn't it? Oh well it was worth it to watch the Cardinals mount a comeback that nearly upset the highly favored Steelers. Us adults had a great time and I think the kids did too......

We decided a few years ago that we need to find something to keep the kids entertained so we could actually watch the game, so now we all chip in a rent a bouncer for the day.
Hayden and Liv trying out the slide....
Hayden showing his flipping skills....
Cole flipping and Liv jumping....
How many months until football begins again?? I am going through withdrawls already!

1 comment:

The Staheli's said...

Great idea to rent a bounce house! It really was a great game. Glad you guys had a good time.