Friday, October 17, 2008

Is Fall really here??

Last weekend we had the most amazing weather. I still am not sure how we go from 100+ degrees to the 70's within a week. Saturday afternoon after Sal was done planting the winter grass we dusted off the quads and headed out to the desert for a quick ride. The weather was perfect and the kids were able to ride and play. We decided to go on a short trail ride and of course it wasn't too long before Liv was fast asleep. No matter when we ride, or where we ride she sleeps. I believe she went on her first ride when she was 3 months old. I figured it is what we do and she might as well learn to like it. First I used a sling to hold her. When she got too big for that I found a hiking backpack and strapped her in and away we went. I know my Dad has a picture of her in her backpack I will post it later. I am sure she feels free not having to be confined to a backpack. Notice how she is still hanging on??
On our quick little trail ride we all got cold. I would guess it was dropping into the 60's.....burrrr! We headed back and started a fire to sit by while Sal, Mark and Doug cooked dinner. After we were all packed up and ready to go, Doug told all 5 boys to pee on the fire to put it out. Sorry for the horrible picture but you can definitely tell that all 5 boys are peeing on the fire! They were not happy when I snapped a picture!

No comments: