Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hurricane Lowell in AZ??



Ok ONE good thing about living in Arizona is the monsoon season. I LOVE the rain and so far this year we have had over 14 inches of rain which puts us 6 inches above the norm for the year. It HAS to be all the prayers we are saying! Last week we get the remnants of Hurricane Lowell that came up from Mexico. It was the first time our kids have experienced the power being out. They were thrilled to sit around with lanterns and watch the rain pour down.... for all of 5 minutes! Olivia kept asking to watch Max and Ruby. She also said that the monsters were coming. I wonder if the boys were trying to scare her? ;o) Funny thing was..... no one could go to bed because it was "TOO dark". Can it ever be too dark to sleep??
After the rain finally stopped we went outside to see the damage..... as you can see we are down one tree in the front yard! It will be the 4th tree we have had to plant because of the monsoons and the freeze last winter. When I say freeze, I mean freeze..... I bet we hit 30 degrees one time last winter. Hey, what can I say? That is cold for us folks that have to endure 117 degrees in the summer. The monsoons and the triple digits are officially over and I can't wait for the cooler weather.

No comments: