Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mariachi Festival

After making tamales all day, Sal and I took the kids to the Christmas Mariachi Festival. Sal and I had the best time but I think the kids were ready to leave after the first mariachi group played.

I LOVE mariachi music... I only wish I knew what they were singing about. One day I will have time to take a few Spanish classes, but for now I enjoy the beat and the voices. This year there was an all female mariachi group. Mariachi Reyna de-Los Angeles.
I really enjoyed listening to them, but there is something about the men.... perhaps it is their costumes that I love?? Just kidding.
One of our favorite mariachi group was there.... Mariachi Vargas, we truly could have left after they were done singing. They were the highlight of the night for us.
Sal and I decided that we would not take the kids again. Olivia fell asleep half way through the show, Hayden was playing games on his iTouch most of the night, and Cole screamed, "NO!!" when one of the groups came back for an encore. What can you expect when they don't understand the words to the music either. Maybe we all need Spanish lessons!

No comments: