Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby Update #3

I went to the doctor again today and I have not progressed too much since last week. I am still 3-4 cm dilated and I did learn that it is their policy not to strip the membranes of anyone who is group B strep +, so it wasn't just the doctor last week. They decided they will induce me Saturday morning at 7am. They want to make sure that I get the necessary antibiotics for the GBS because when I have Olivia, my labor was too fast and I wasn't able to get the necessary doses.

It is nice to have a date and some time to be really ready..... wait, are you EVER REALLY ready for the life changes that a baby makes? I look around my house and I see the stroller, car seat, and crib and I am STILL in denial that in 3 days I will have a baby. I wonder why?

I will spend the next 3 days washing and cleaning and organizing so I can be ready to bring this sweet little boy home.

BTW, Sal is STILL lobbying for names. This week he has asked for Lane Staheli which he has liked and lobbied for FOREVER. Layne Staley was the lead singer of Alice in Chains who overdosed in 2002 so that name is a HUGE NO! The other name is Miles, which sounds like an old man's name. Sal's nickname for this baby thus far has been Fui. If I haven't said before, Sal is infatuated with Tongan/Samoan names. His favorite is Fuamatu-Ma'afala. I told him he should have married an Islander and then he could have this name. There is a guy who plays football at Notre Dame and his name is Manti Te'o. I really like the name Manti, but it is too "Mormon" for me. You know those people who name their kids Lehi or Mahonri Moriancumer? Those names are as bad as naming a child Jesus or Mary or Rebekkah. Can you tell I have naming issues?

From the moment I knew I was having a boy the only name that sounded right to me was Mason Price. The name came over and over and over. One day when I was talking to my mom about it, she said, "you know Aunt Bonnie's Dad's name was Mason Price and Gramps LOVED him so much." Since my Gramps sent us this baby, I think he wants this baby to be named Mason Price Espericueta and that is why I am so adamant about naming him Mason.

I can't wait to meet him!

No comments: