Monday, January 18, 2010

Disney on Ice

Saturday night Sal and I went on a double date with our kids. Sal took the boys to Supercross and Liv and I went to see Disney on Ice. It was Liv's first time seeing the Disney show and I think she wasn't sure what to expect. We talked about going all week, but she kept asking if I would help her skate. In fact she seemed quite disappointed that she wouldn't be skating at all. Luckily, once we got there she was fine to sit and watch the Disney characters skate. In fact she sat on my lap and danced along with the music. A few times she did ask if I would teach her how to skate when she got a little bit older. Little does she know I dreamed of being a figure skater when I was little. I remember watching Katarina Witt and Brian Boitano skate at the 1984 and 1988 Olympics and I knew I could be a skater too. Yea right!! I think I went skating once for a Young Woman's activity and I was horrible! That was the end of that dream for me.

All Olivia wanted was a sno-cone in a Tinkerbell cup and a light up twirly thing so at halftime (that is what I call it, though I think it is really called an intermission), we went and got her a sno-cone and a Cinderella/Snow White/Sleeping Beauty light up twirly thing.


She was in HEAVEN!!

She had the BEST time and said her favorite part was "watching all the princesses."

We had amazing seats and Liv could see everything. She LOVED "all the beautiful colors." She kept saying to me, "Mom, isn't that beautiful?" "Oh mom, look at that beautiful butterfly." Isn't it the BEST to watch how excited our kids get at the littlest things?
Needless to say, Liv was EXHAUSTED and it didn't take her long to fall asleep on the way home. I can't wait to take her again!

No comments: