Sunday, June 28, 2009

Our First Day at Snowbird!!

Yesterday was a LONG drive from Phoenix to Salt Lake! We left home at 7:30am and we finally got to Snowbird at 10:30pm Utah time. Of course that was after grocery shopping and a nice Italian dinner. I was tired by the time we got to Kanab so needless to say I was grumpy and ready to be done, but we had half of the drive still to go. Today I decided we would just hang out at Snowbird. The thought of getting back in the car made me seriously sick!! Olivia's first words this morning after "I'm ready for breakfast" were "I am ready to go home. I need my Dad!" I had to remind her that Sal would be here on Wednesday. She was satisfied with that... for about 5 minutes! After breakfast we went on a little hike. Olivia LOVED watching the squirrels, but was disappointed she didn't get to pet them. Here is our home away from home.....




On the hike there are several spots where you can see the snow run-off. The boys love to drink the water and are AMAZED how cold the water is. Here are pictures of them slurping up the water!!


Of course Olivia had to copy her brothers and get a drink too...... I think she just wanted her picture taken.


At the end of the hiking path, you can see the valley floor and Kennecott Copper Mine in the western mountains. This picture isn't real clear but the white stripe between the mountains is the mine.
There is also a HUGE piece of granite and the kids were all smiles as they posed once again for the camera.
Tomorrow we are off to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house and maybe a tour of Kennecott. I know the boys LOVED the salt mine in Austria so we will see if they are impressed with a copper mine.

1 comment:

Shani said...

What a fun time! I know we always had a blast going up there. . .memories I will never forget!