Friday, March 23, 2012

Feelings of discontent

I don't know what it is lately but I am so discontented. Do you ever have days or weeks like this? I am not sure if it is because our best friends moved away or what, but I am ready for a change!! 

Last month I had enough with my work at home job and I applied for a job at US Airways. I didn't hear back for a month and then I did. I had a casual phone interview and of course it was EVERYTHING that I want to do in a job. Only the job pays nearly 25% less than I make now and would require day care for Mason and an hour commute EACH way. Total no brainer, but they wanted me to come interview anyway. As I thought about the job, the thought that came over and over was, "There will be other jobs, but not other children." As I thought about ways to make it work, the thought came again, "there will be other jobs, but not other children." I am one of those people that needs to be told several times, and during the day, I "heard" that thought more than 5 times. I had to be obedient to the feelings I had. The next morning I sent and email removing my name from consideration for the job. It was if a HUGE weight was lifted from my shoulders. Am I content? Not really but I am praying that the feeling of contentment will come. In the meantime I am changing everything else that I can - redecorating the house, cutting my hair.... I did find a quote that I just LOVE: 

Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.

I am trying to abide by it.

No comments: