Saturday, June 26, 2010

Olivia loses her first tooth


Today we had Sandra & Manny, Tamar, Michael & kids and Mitzi over for a BBQ. As we were eating our corn on the cob Olivia said her tooth was hurting. It has been loose for a couple of weeks, but when I wiggled it this time, it was barely hanging on. I decided to pull it out right then and there at the dinner table. 2 pulls was all it took and it was out. Liv thought it was funny until she saw the blood. Oh boy, did she start to cry and cry and cry. What did I expect? She is our DRAMA QUEEN!! We had her bite on some paper towel, but she didn't quiet down until the bleeding stopped.

Cole quickly got her a box to put her tooth in and Nana asked Liv if her Fairy Godmother would come tonight. We all had a good laugh about that one. I guess it has been too long since Sal and Tamar lost their teeth. We started talking about the Tooth Fairy coming to take her tooth and leave some money. Liv quickly said, "I don't want any money. I want to show my friends my tooth." I tried to tell her that the Tooth Fairy would leave her tooth if she wanted it, but she was adamant that the tooth would not go under her pillow!
She had to call Granny and Papa at the cabin to tell them all about it and even they couldn't convince her to put it under her pillow.

No comments: