Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hayden's Arrow of Light



Last month was Hayden's last Pack Meeting and it was a very exciting night for Hayden. He received his Arrow of Light and officially moved up to Boy Scouts. Hayden is an avid scouter and he enjoys every minute of Scouts. He is THRILLED to finally be in 11 year old Scouts because he will FINALLY be able to go on overnight camp outings. As a Mom I worry about hiking trips and him getting lost in the woods. I think I read too many stories about Scouts being lost. ;o)


In our Ward it is a tradition that Hayden gets his face painted. Here is what the colors represent:
Yellow from the rising sun reminds us of the goals that we set before ourselves and all that we should strive for each day.
Blue from the sky to remind us to look up and focus on the positive that life has to give us.
Purple from the lilac flower reminds us to be gentle with all of God’s creations.
Green from the tall pine trees reminds us to be steadfast, true, and strong in keeping the Cub Scout Promise and living the Outdoor Code.
White from the pure snow reminds us to be clean and faithful, keeping our lives in harmony with God’s plan.
Orange from the setting sun reminds us to look back on each day with integrity and accountability for our actions.
Red from the petals of the rose reminds us that love of and for our parents and leaders helps to lift all of us throughout our lives.



Our Ward also has each Scout paint an arrow and it is painted to represent every award Hayden earned while in Cub Scouts. Hayden worked incredibly hard and earned all 20 of the Webelo activity badges.



Hayden also made a "crossing over" from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts and he was welcomed by Brother Black and Brother Nielsen, his new Scout leaders.


Hayden, it is AMAZING to me that you are 11 and now a BOY SCOUT. It seems as though I was just finding out I was pregnant and worrying about you sleeping too much as a baby. I wonder where the time has gone and yet I am enjoying all the blessings that you brings to my life now. I am truly proud to be your Mom. I hope that you will continue to love Scouting and set your sights on becoming an Eagle. Continue to stay close to the Lord and to always make right choices. Dad and I love you more than words can describe. Congratulations on your Arrow of Light.

No comments: